Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup (gluten free / dairy free)
Updated: Jun 26, 2019
1 can of organic light coconut cream
1 large sweet potato (diced)
3 cups carrots (diced)
1 cup red lentils
1/2 a yellow onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
3 - 4 heaped tablespoons of curry powder
1teaspoon of ground turmeric
1 vegetable stock cube
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Soak you lentils in hot water and place to the side.
2. Steam your Sweet Potato and Carrots on one stove section, then when they are soft add them to 3. your food processor or NutriBullet.
4. Heat another large pot over medium heat and coat the bottom with coconut oil.
5. Add the diced onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt into the first pot and sauté for a few minutes 6. until onions start to soften.
7. Add in the processed sweet potato, carrots, and all the spices and further cook for a few minutes.
8. Add in coconut cream and stir.
9. Add your the red lentils and the a bit of hot water if needed.
10. Add the vegetable stock cubes and stir.
11. Add all of your spices and curry powder and stir.
12. Bring soup to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and simmer for about 15 minutes.
13. Let the soup cool down and then serve.Add additional toppings such as sunflower seeds, coconut flakes and spices for extra flavour.