Home made Granola
Updated: Jun 19, 2019
6 cups organic oats
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coconut oil, melted to a liquid (or substitute extra virgin olive oil)
3/4 cup macadamia nut butter (or substitute natural peanut butter)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey (or substitute maple syrup)
3/4 cup golden raisins (or any dried fruit you like, optional)
1. Place two racks in the middle and upper third of the oven and preheat to 180 Degrees.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, toss together oats, nuts and salt (leave out the raisins, we’ll toss these in after baking).
4. In a medium bowl, gently whisk together the melted coconut oil (or evoo), nut butter and honey.
5. Add 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal.
6. Pour the oil mixture over the oats and nuts and stir well. Make sure that every bit of oats and nuts is covered in some of the oil mixture.
7. Spread the granola mixture onto the two baking sheets from edge to edge.
8. Bake for 15 minutes and carefully remove the pans from the oven to toss and stir the oats.
9. This will ensure that the mixture cooks and browns evenly. Bake for another 10 minutes.
10. Repeat until mixture has cooked a total of 30 minutes and the oats are golden. Allow to cool completely before tossing in golden raisins and store in an airtight container.