Green Goodness Soup
Updated: Nov 3, 2019
I have to admit that I was given this recipe to me by a dear friend but I had to share it (with their permission) because it is so deliciously healthy!
What I love about this recipe is that it has a good amount of vegetable protein in it from the green peas (generally 10 -11 grams per 200 grams) and the rest of the ingredients are just vegetables with lots of fibre!
50 ml of Organic cold pressed olive oil
2 fennel bulbs, finely chopped
1 leek, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1.25 litres (5 cups) vegetable stock
1 kg frozen peas, defrosted
3 cups trimmed spinach (about 2 bunches)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan.
2. Add fennel, leak, garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes.
3. Add stock and bring to boil, then down to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Stir through peas and spinach.
5. Blend until very smooth with a hand held mixer.
6. Cut lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice into the mix.
7. Add Salt and Pepper to serve.
This should serve 5 - 6 servings.